Three Ways to Learn about Dave Olson, Story Maker
1) Download Dave Olson’s Resume
2) Linked in:
3) And/Or Read Below:
Create Write Think Speak Produce Brand Podcast Chillaxin’ Blog Promote Inspire Plan Listen Market Strategize Manage Outreach Poetry Inter-disciplinary New Media Old Media Culture Bridging Campaigns Audiences Ephemera Copywriting Publishing Case Study White Paper Organize Inspire Encourage Leadership Green Community Animate Spark Goodtimes Rethink Replenish
Experienced writer and creative project producer seeks progressive company for long-term collaboration. Adept at creating, executing and measuring social media-driven marketing campaigns, building brands and sparking conversations.
Marketing & Community Director, HootSuite Media, Inc.
Set and execute strategy for media, public, user and customer outreach including promotional campaigns, educational programs, event participation and customer advocacy.
Director of Fan Communities, MovieSet.com
Created campaigns and initiatives to drive traffic and encourage participation in a site distributing behind-the-scenes footage from movies in production
Community Marketing Evangelist, Raincity Studios
Coordinated marketing, public relations and thought-leadership activities for a fast-growing new media development company, including case studies & conferences
Strategic Advisor, HappyFrog
Initiated policies and planned brand and campaigns for a start-up business directory and social networking community for “green” businesses & consumers
Marketing Coordinator, Elastic Path Software
Launched corporate outreach program for e-commerce company including conference speaking, trade shows, white papers, blogging, podcasting & outreach
Minister of Marketing, Zhonka Broadband
Co-founded DSL Internet service provider (ISP) including writing business plan and funding offering, and supervising corporate governance, tax and IP matters (see also: OlyWa.net)
Worked as a bi-lingual beach club host, submarine tour guide, Japanese high school teacher, mushroom farmer, grape picker, chestnut seller, political pollster, college librarian, rock band roadie, bicycle mechanic and fire juggler.
Registered with Library of Congress as Digital Millennium Copyright Agent
The Evergreen State College, B.A. 2004, Inter-disciplinary Studies – Emphasis in writing, literature, communication, public policy, philosophy, and management strategies
Also attended: University of Utah, University of Guam and Utah Valley State College
Frequently appear in media discussing hockey, technology & cultural topics.
Recent media appearances include: CBC Radio One & Radio 3, CTV, CKNW, Lab with Leo, Urban Rush TV, Vancouver Sun, Vancouver Courier, 24 Hours, The Olympian (WA)
- Produce series of award-winning podcasts including: “Choogle on”, “Postcards from Gravelly Beach”, “Canucks Outsider” & contribute to other audio documentary shows
- Presented at SXSW09 plus Northern Voice, Vancouver Film School, Net Tuesday, WordCamp Whistler and various community groups
- Published essay about transit journey or Translink’s Buzzer blog
- Wrote essays on counter-culture topics for Magazine including: Heads, High Times, Cannabis Culture, Journal of International Hemp Association
- Self-published literary projects including free-verse, epistolary literature, and short fiction
- Wrote a column for Menu Magazine about Internet,culture & public policy called “Leveling the Playing Field”
- Communications Chairman – True North Media House 2010
- Organized Drupal Camp Vancouver, Vancouver TransitCamp & contributed to many other grassroots events
Contact Dave Olson ~ dave (at) olsonboys (dot) org
Serious inquires only – References, letters and links upon request